All orders for cut to size worktops must include a worktop plan which provides all the information needed for accurate manufacture. The drawing can be a hand drawn sketch and it does not need to be scale. A standard kitchen plan is unsuitable and does not have enough specific worktop details and additional information should be added. We will need the following information.
- The worktop pattern name and/or code number
- Specify the front edge detail for laminate worktops – postformed, square laminate edge, matching PP edges or contrasting ABS edges
- Length and width of all worktops. The clearest way to do this, is by giving the overall lengths on the plan and show the width of each worktop. Make sure that measurements are written clearly in large print. This is particularly important if you intend to send any information by fax – faxed small print is normally illegible.
- When calculating the length of a worktop remember to allow for the thickness of any matching ‘add on’ end panels and additional length required for overhang at the end of a run of units. Allowing 15-20mm overhang at the end of a unit run will give a better overall look.
- Indicate all the finished edges required. Don’t forget that finished return edges are needed next to tall units.
- Show the position of the joints – remember to keep sink/hob cut-outs well away from joints.
- Indicate on the drawing where sinks and hobs will be fitted.
- Show the size of any curves or angle cuts. Your furniture supplier can provide all the worktop information needed for curved units. This information is essential where the finished worktop needs to follow the exact shape of the unit fitted below.
- Hob and inset sink cut-outs are normally cut out on site but these can be factory done. The dimensions and positions of the cut-outs are needed.
- Factory cut joints will include worktop bolts and jointing biscuits. We do not provide sealant for the joints. When installed all joints must be fully sealed to protect from moisture.
The simple drawing below shows an example of the information required.
Click to view List of matching ABS/PP edges
Click to view Contrasting ABS edges